Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Ahhh...Quiet!

I have two daughters, The Sweet Daughter and Punky-Pie, who are 7 and 2. It is safe to say that they don't always see eye to eye on what to watch on tv (gasp! yes I let my kids watch tv...and probably too much of it. Don't judge!!). BUT! I recently discovered the Disney apps you can download and they can watch whatever Disney show they want. For free. ANY time. Yay!! I downloaded the Disney Jr. app and this way when the Sweet Daughter is watching 'Good Luck Charlie' on the television, Punky-Pie can watch 'Mickey Mouse' on the iPad, and for a short time there is calm in our home.



 I could have downloaded the Disney XD app or one that shows the older kid shows, but those are the shows that are on during prime time. I chose Disney Jr. because Mickey Mouse and Doc McStuffins are ususally only on in the morning. Now I have to see if there is a Nick Jr. app. Punky-Pie loves her some Dora and Diego. Oh, and don't forget Oswald!

Something else that makes things handy with the iPad or the DVD player in the car is the nifty set of headphones that Punky-Pie is sporting in the picture above. They came in a pac with a couple of other types of headphones and an adapter that lets you plug to sets of headphones or earbuds into one device.  I found this pack at the Family Dollar store and it has been well worth the $10 I spent on it!

What are some gadgets and apps you love?? Would love to hear about them! And don't forget to follow my blog via email!

No comments:

Post a Comment