Saturday, October 6, 2012

My New Toy!

It's here!!! Finally! I am so freakin' frackin' excited that I am just beside myself!! I finally got my Silhouette Cameo cutting machine!! I only started playing with it last night, so my first project was small, since I was learning the ins and outs of the machine and software. I made a personalized cell phone cover. I cut out a monogram and background for it. I used some patterned scrapbook paper for the background, glittered cardstock for the background shape, and foil cardstock for the monogram letters. I purchased the clear phone cover from Amazon for a less than $4. I made the zebra background by using the fake "phone" paper insert that came in the phone cover as a template for my zebra background to get the right size and cutouts for the camera, kickstand and speaker holes. I used glitter Mod Podge for the "glue".


Now, I plan on making some more (since the covers are so inexpensive), but I need to figure out something different for the glue. I could skip trying to glue it to the cover, and it would probably stay in there just fine. Maybe just regular Mod Podge or some other adhesive would be better? I am not crazy about the streaky look of the Mod Podge, however this could be my fault for not using the right applicator or technique in applying it....just not sure. Overall I am tickled with the outcome! Next up- vinyl decal for my stand mixer!!! I am thinking copying some subway art for it that I found online. 

What projects are you working on? What is your favorite "toy" for crafting? Please share, and don't forget to become a follower of my lil' blog! Just click the "join" button at the side! 

 Happy crafting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment