Friday, July 13, 2012

Not So Crafty...

It has been a crazy past couple of weeks and we have had to be out of town a lot, so I am not yet finished with what should have been my next post (Airstream Remodel). So I decided to do a short post in the mean time.


We did manage to have one fun day out of the many we were out of town. We went to Grapevine, Texas to go to Bass Pro Shop. Once we got there, we realized it was right across the highway from the new aquarium we had been wanting to take the kids to see.

The aquarium was in Grapevine Mills Mall, and Lego Land was right across the hall (is that what it's called??) from it. We thought about going to both, but decided to just go to the aquarium on this trip. Sorry Lego Land- maybe you will get our money next time!

We really enjoyed the aquarium and it was very kid-friendly. A very nice lady in the ticket line gave us a coupon which saved us $5 a person. Sweet! My favorite part was the shark tunnel. I loved walking through it and seeing the sharks and other sea life swimming all around us- even under us! The floor of the tunnel see through just like the walls/ceiling. Punky-pie (she's 2 1/2) was afraid to walk on it- she stopped right at the edge and kind of teetered there trying not to "fall in"! It was too cute. I finally managed to get her to walk on it, and she did fine until the end of the tunnel. I guess she was so busy looking at everything that she forgot about the floor. She froze up and would not keep walking! I probably shouldn't have laughed (a good mother wouldn't have), but it was so funny I could't help it!

We finished the aquarium tour in about 45 mins, and finished it off with some cookies from one of those little cookie places that are in every mall in America. I forgot how much I LOVE those chocolate supreme cookies!!! So yummy!

I haven't had time for any crafting lately, but hopefully I will get some small projects I have swirling in my head done this weekend. What have you been up to? Have you went anywhere fun or done anything crafty??? Please share!!

No comments:

Post a Comment